Monday, February 6, 2012

Perspective

So I've been rather introspective lately which is probably why I'm back :-) A friend's recent tragedy has really highlighted for me just how good I really have it. In the year following Charli's birth, I worked really hard to get everything done that I needed to apply to medical school (MCAT, classes, essays, transcripts, applications, and lots more). But, now I really feel the need to focus on the here and now and put off my future plans just a little bit longer. I'm already living the dream of so many and I feel like I've neglected to appreciate that I've got to stay home with 3 wonderful little girls for the past 8 years!!!!


And while I thought by this time in my life I would have some freedom to pursue my dreams, I'm now thinking how lucky I am that I got to start all over again with Charli and that I'm not going to be able to let any of them go into somebody else's care.....just yet.


As for blogging; I love stalking other people's blogs. I get great inspiration from them and think how lucky that family is to have such a treasured record of their time together. So even if I'm not that consistent, I need to at least make more of an effort. I'm a big fan of Instagram and Insta-Fridays so my goal is to at least get a weekly Insta-Friday post in (even if it's with my shattered iphone that I'm to lazy and cheap to fix :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anything is better than nothing. Even if you don't accomplish one post a week, what you do write will be cherished someday by you and your kids.

    ReplyDelete