Friday, March 9, 2012

Insta-Friday

Once again we find ourselves at the doctor. I had scheduled this appointment to tackle Avery's chronic tummy/head issues before both big girls started feeling icky. I left my ballet class early so I could be there in time to sit and wait for the doc for 45 min!!! I'd never brought the iPad to an appointment before but just happened to have it in the car and gave the okay for B to bring it in and boy was I glad that I did! Great time killer for three little kids locked in a 7 x 7 room and Avery used it as a distraction when she got her blood drawn.
Turns out Avery had Strep (either still or again) and both big girls were given the next go-to antibiotic for when amoxicillin doesn't cut it. She was negative for mono and her CBC was normal. We switched to Prevacid (pricey) for her tummy issues and she has had tons more energy this week with minimal complaints.

I had to dash out of the doctors after an hour and a half to honor our next appointment at the kiddie salon.

Charli's First Haircut
She did really good. Very little was taken off but looks much more even. No tears shed here by either party.

Next potential crying scenario:
To Locks of Love or not to Locks of Love that was the question......







She chickened out. No tears here. I was kind of relived and kind of sad. I love her with her fabulously straight, long hair but this is something she's been wanting to do for months. She feels a deep need to help others and felt this was one way to do that. But when she mentioned that she was going to cut her hair at school she got a rather negative response. She's known for her hair, it's one of the things that sets her apart and she wanted to keep that. Ah....the peer pressure begins.
She thinks she wants to do it this June around her Bday and after their spring show. She IS extremely tender headed and it would make life easier for the both of us ;-)


Avery before and after
She will NEVER cut her hair so I had them lop off 3 inches before she started looking like she should be wearing a prairie dress.




Sunday was a glorious day! Sunny with a slight breeze. Perfect for.........
Flying a kite!



Daddy got his pride and joy returned to him...
But now it's ORANGE

1 shaggy green rug + 2 pink bean bags = A new reading nook for the Big Girls
The Big Girls' Room might just be the heart of this house. I spend at least an hour in there every night reading, talking, catching up. Sundays we usually have more time and Charlotte LOVES to be included.
Brie wanted me to take a picture of us. She's sooo sweet!

Signs of Spring!!!!!
My daffodils are starting to come up!







The big girls had auditions for their studios production of The Sleeping Beauty this spring. I'm really excited, for sure one of my favorite ballets. They'll have more of a presence in this show than previous spring shows. Mark your calendars, Saturday June 2nd for the full production at DU and also Friday May 25th for the condensed show at HR civic park (weather permitting). I LOVE the outside show. So excited!!!












This is a pic from back in November with her
teaching both big girls with Charli on her lap
I hope Charli will love Ballet and that she will get to learn it from them. I still hold my ballet teacher in such high regard, she was one of the most influential women in my life. These 2 are so great to the 2 big girls but they have already taken to Charlotte and it warms my heart to see them with her. I hope someday when she's their student she can look back at all these pics and appreciate how they were there for her from the VERY beginning. But that's assuming things stay as they are (us not moving or them).


Hope everyone had a wonderful week and be sure to check out other Insta-Fridays and perhaps link up your own ;-)
life rearranged



1 comment:

  1. Oooo! So much to comment on!!! First off, I'm glad you figured out at least part of why Avery hasn't been feeling good. That is great! Two, isn't it irritating that you have to wait so long at the doctor's office? Three, I LOVE the reading nook with the tree in the background. Precious. Four, maybe Mary needs a trim. Her hair is OUT of CONTROL! Fifth, I'm slightly envious that Charli is already known and loved by those instructors (your daughters technique is just amazing!). If I ever take Mary there (good chance), I hope she will be able to thrive too. : ) Great post! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete