St. Patty's day is more of a romantic holiday in this house because St. Patty's day 2001 is when I was set up on a blind date withe this dude
and we've been together ever since XOXO
Spring is becoming more apparent all around us. I get so excited watching all our foliage bloom.
We've still been experiencing much wind here, so kite flying has remained a great after school activity.
Commence Operation Decaffeination
I have come to the conclusion that I ingest entirely way too much caffeine each day. Not because I need the pick-me-up (although admittedly sometimes I do ;-) but because it just happens to be in 2 of my favorite beverages. So after having my morning cup of coffee (or 2) I start in on the afternoon tea! And I love me some Arnold Palmers. I'm always happy when the girls want Chick-fil-a so I can get my Arnold Palmer. But I do notice other affects on my body (wide ranging) other than periodic bursts of energy so I decided to try and go without. I'll let you know how that goes.
Baby got some new pairs of shoes!!!
I have not bought that baby new shoes since I got her first pair of shoes back in September (we did get some hand-me-downs). Now with all this warm weather, I can't put her in any of the cute dresses I have for her because they don't look good with pseudo-Uggs from Target! I love our Stride Rite Outlet. Unlike other outlets, their quality is superb and they have really great customer service. I can't wait to get these on her piggies!
I caught her sleeping!
It's rare for me to catch her snoozing in her bed due to the squeaky door I asked my hubby to fix prior to her birth ;-) But when I had to grab her so I could pick-up the big girls, this is what I found
Again, little sis had to make-up in big sister's class, plus Charlotte equals 3 dancing Underwoods all lined up.
Something even rarer than catching a snoozing baby is that same baby snoozing with me. I have many memories of the big girls waking up early when they were babies. Their dad would grab them before he went off to work and then we'd have a slight morning siesta. Not this baby. She sleeps in too late. But I didn't mind the company this morning when she woke 3 1/2 hours early just to snuggle and fall back asleep in my bed.
Something silly this baby does
She'll bring me the conditioning spray and the brush then kneel down in front of me. She has seen her sisters do it so many times that not only does she know the routine, she wants to be included.
I'm no fan of laundry but I have to admit, this helps
it makes my little monsters smell so delicious! I hope it stays on the shelves forever because I HATE it when my favorite scent is discontinued and months are wasted on market research to find a new favorite. (RIP Downy Simple Pleasures Lavender and Vanilla).
Um . . .hello? You should have taken me Stride Rite shopping with you. : )
ReplyDelete